Our impact on the world
Developing a successful and sustainable business means looking beyond financial results. We place great importance not just on what we do, but how we do it.
For us corporate responsibility (CS) is about making sure the way we operate our business has a positive impact on the world we live in, the communities we work within, and all the people we come in contact with through our daily activities. It’s about taking responsibility for what we do, and making sure that we always work in a way that is respectful to others, and to the environment.
What does this mean for us?
For over a hundred years, we’ve built our business on three core values: Safety, Integrity and Respect. These are at the heart of everything we do, and guide the way we operate. They guide us in continuously improving the way we manage corporate responsibility.
Looking after the environment is important to any business , and we work hard to make sure our business is as sustainable as it can be. Some of our recent achievements have been:
- Becoming a member of the FTSE4Good group of companies meeting global corporate responsibility standards
- Reducing our waste by 25% in the last five years
- Reducing our carbon emissions by 10% in the last five years
- Reducing the amount of water we use by 6% in the last five years
- Requiring our suppliers to comply with international social and ethical standards
- Using renewable agricultural crops in our principal raw materials and ingredients
Browse and search our current vacancies
Code of Ethics
Got a question?